Re: AW: Isn't pg_statistic a security hole? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: AW: Isn't pg_statistic a security hole?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I can say what oracle does in this regard.  For information like this
Oracle will generally have three views in the data dictionary:

1) USER_XXX  - shows records where the current user is the owner of the
item in question
2) ALL_XXX - shows records for all items accessible by the current user
3) DBA_XXX - shows records for all items, only available for DBA's or
superusers

Where XXX are things like: TABLES, VIEWS, TAB_COL_STATISTICS, INDEXES,
TRIGGERS, etc (about 120 in all).

thanks,
--Barry