Re: [PHP] postgresql array with PHP - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Grant
Subject Re: [PHP] postgresql array with PHP
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I had the same problem.

I believe having an array field type in a database table doesn't help keep
atomicity of the database.

What I did was, thought about my table schema a little more. Worked out
that I can use the array field type for only storing numbers. Why?

When I receive the row from postgres I explode it. If I was using text in
the array, it may contain "," which would then ruin the explode.

Where $row[6] is the selected array field containing only numbers.

$new_array = explode(",", ereg_replace("[{-}]", "", $row[6]));

I was talking to rasmus ages back and he said there is no support for
arrays from postgresql.