VACUUM warning/error (?) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nicolas Kowalski
Subject VACUUM warning/error (?)
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello.

We are running a small Intranet database, using PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on a
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 server. All works fine. Great job PostgreSQL guys !

However, I used to backup our database every night (pg_dumpall), and
now, I want to clean up it just before the dump, when nobody uses it.
The command is :

# echo "VACUUM" | su -c "psql datavm" - postgres

...but the cron daemon just told me this morning :

NOTICE:  FlushRelationBuffers(trace_sql, 162): block 239 is referenced
(private
0, global 1)
FATAL 1:  VACUUM (vc_repair_frag): FlushRelationBuffers returned -2
        before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost

All seems to work, in particular this 'trace_sql' table, but what does
mean this error message ?

Thanks.
Niko.