Re: Autologin problem - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Partyka Robert
Subject Re: Autologin problem
Date
List pgsql-php
In fact the RH style (rc.d) way is to add symlink "S95postgresql" (or
"S<what_ever_you_need_number>postgresql" the number after "S" is for
set the position after what postgres must start (eg. after or before
apache) - for more detail see rc file in rc.d (and other rc.* files
too)) on rc3.d (or directory for other runlevel) directory to the
/etc/init.d/postgresql

In fact in this rc.local start string was some syntax bugs (misuses?)

first of all You don't need to use nohup. It is nohup'ed by default (If I
good remember)
Second: Always use "su" with "-" option!
It meens that proper syntax is

su - -c "command to run" <username>

the "-" swith is for map env variables to variables proper for user
<username>

hope it helpful.

regards
Robert