Re: pgAdmin - odd error - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From John McKown
Subject Re: pgAdmin - odd error
Date
List pgsql-novice
Since you dumped the data from a Windows system, the text file most likely
has both a CR and LF at the end of each line. UNIX systems don't really
like that. You need to change the CR/LF of Windows to the plain LF used by
Unix/Linux. See if you have a program named DOS2UNIX on your Linux
system. If so, use it. If not try:

tr -d 0x0d <dump.file.windows >dump.file.unix

Then import from dump.file.unix

John