pgAdmin - odd error - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From chriswood@wvda.com
Subject pgAdmin - odd error
Date
List pgsql-novice
When using pgAdmin in trying to import an Access97-exported
text file into my PostgreSQL database, I'm getting this error:

Tuple:    1
Error:    Too many quote characters found.
Expected: 54
Found:    96

Oddly enough, pgadmin seems to be seeing every
second line in the text file as one line. Any
clue as to what's happening?

I'm using "|" as my delimiter, and "`" as my
text quotation mark, to avoid conflict with the
standard keyboard " and '.

I can't seem to access the list archives right
now, so I'm asking the list.

Christopher Wood, Community Access Technical Coordinator
Western Valley Development Authority
Nova Scotia's Smart Community
Box 251 Bridgetown, Nova Scotia  B0S 1C0
tel: (902) 665-4083/ fax: (902) 665-2878
www.wvda.com www.wvcn.ns.ca