Re: Error building JDBC Driver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: Error building JDBC Driver
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I think the problem is using kaffe.  I downloaded the jdbc binary from
> Peter's web site at:
>
>     http://www.retep.org.uk
>
> and that worked with kaffe.  Seems kaffe can not handle dependencies
> properly.

Yes, kaffe cannot handle compiling two classes that refer to each other
(while all other implementations can, and it's part of the java language
specification).

I've just put up a pre-compiled binary for Java2 only based on the current
sources, as some people have been asking for it.

Peter

Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/
Java PDF Generator http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf/