Re: password encryption - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aaron Sethman
Subject Re: password encryption
Date
List pgsql-sql
I think what he was looking for was more along the lines of a generic sql
function that hashes a string, and not to update the system tables.

I actually wrote a replacement for the mysql PASSWORD() function that is
actually compatible with the hashing that mysql uses.  If you would like a
copy of this function just let me know so I can extract it out of the a
bunch of other functions.

Aaron