fcntl(F_SETLK) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From eisentrp@csis.gvsu.edu
Subject fcntl(F_SETLK)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
There's a broken configure test for fcntl(F_SETLK). (Hint: Of course it's
going to fail if you don't include the header file that defines
F_SETLK.) Apparently, it's been broken for quite a while so I'm afraid to
fix it, considering the problems with file locking.

Reading up on TODO.detail/flock, it seems this mechanism is made obsolete
by the pid file, so I'm inclined to remove it. At least those using Linux
and Solaris shouldn't feel a difference because the locking code wasn't