Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From eisentrp@csis.gvsu.edu
Subject Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> peter mentioned something about next version of autoconf doing this?

Yeah, you write AC_INIT(Package, Version) and that creates the VERSION
variable and substitutes it, just like I did. (It also creates the PACKAGE
variable, in case you ever want to rename the package. :)

If you don't like it in configure.in, I understand, but it seems like that
would be just one more file to find.