Need a VIEW without SUB-SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bhuvan A
Subject Need a VIEW without SUB-SELECT
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,

Kindly apologize any inconvenience!

I have 2 tables status and po_status like..
 CREATE TABLE status (    status_id     int primary key,   status_name   varchar(15) );
 CREATE TABLE po_status (   po_no varchar(15),   approval_status_id          int references status(status_id),
acknowledgement_status_id  int references status(status_id) );

Right..

Now, how can i have a VIEW on po_status table to get
'approval_status_name' and 'acknowledgement_status_name' instead of
approval_status_id and acknowledgement_status_id?

I am sure that a VIEW with SUB-SELECT will solve everything. But my QB
won't support SUB-SELECT and i wasn't ready to redesign my QB, which
is a time consuming process.

How can i accompolish this ????

Thankx in advance.
Meekness:    Turning the other cheek merely ensures two bruised cheeks

Regards,
Bhuvaneswar.