Re: Need a VIEW without SUB-SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Aasmund Midttun Godal
Subject Re: Need a VIEW without SUB-SELECT
Date
List pgsql-sql
CREATE VIEW status_schmetus AS SELECT approval.status_name AS aproval_status_name, acknowledgement.status_name AS
acknowledgement_status_nameFROM po_status JOIN status AS approval ON(po_status.approval_status_id = status.status_id)
JOINstatus AS acknowledgement ON(po_status.acknowledgement_status_id = status.status_id);

Should do it i think, but I did not test it.

Regards,
Aasmund.
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:31:45 +0530 (IST), Bhuvan A <bhuvansql@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Kindly apologize any inconvenience!
>
> I have 2 tables status and po_status like..
>
>   CREATE TABLE status (
>     status_id     int primary key,
>     status_name   varchar(15)
>   );
>
>   CREATE TABLE po_status (
>     po_no varchar(15),
>     approval_status_id          int references status(status_id),
>     acknowledgement_status_id   int references status(status_id)
>   );
>

> Right..
>
> Now, how can i have a VIEW on po_status table to get
> 'approval_status_name' and 'acknowledgement_status_name' instead of
> approval_status_id and acknowledgement_status_id?
>
> I am sure that a VIEW with SUB-SELECT will solve everything. But my QB
> won't support SUB-SELECT and i wasn't ready to redesign my QB, which
> is a time consuming process.
>
> How can i accompolish this ????
>
> Thankx in advance.

>               Kime's Law for the Reward of Meekness:
>       Turning the other cheek merely ensures two bruised cheeks
>
> Regards,
> Bhuvaneswar.

Aasmund Midttun Godal

aasmund@godal.com - http://www.godal.com/