Re: [GENERAL] scheduling table design - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: [GENERAL] scheduling table design
Date
List pgsql-general
there are two issues here: one is the html(or applet) gui, another is
the database. I was talking about the latter. but seems you also on
the former?
for gui: I also setup a minimal time granularity because I do not
want the user to type in, I only let them click -- I hate javascript
and I hate junk data. However, the database and scheduling
manipulation algorithm do not require minimal granularity (I hope
the system can be used longer and broader).

for database: batch-extending is only needed for cycling scheduling.
e.g., if someone schedule Every WeekEnd for the high-end hotel (good
life!). then, the program can only put finite number of  appointments
(events, schedules, whatever name you like) in the database. I choose to
do it for example two years. OOPS, I found a design bug!!!!! It surly
affect other scheduling also. however, it is not related with gui.