Memory leak in large objects (was Re: Postgreqsl Large Objects) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Memory leak in large objects (was Re: Postgreqsl Large Objects)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Any ideas?

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:41:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brandon Palmer <bap@scl.cwru.edu>
To: Peter T Mount <peter@retep.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Postgreqsl Large Objects

Ok,  thanks,  I will talk to him about the docs.  Another problem that you
may know about,  want to know about.  I have been using 6.5b for a while now
with large objects.  The problem that I am having is that I am running out of
ram REAL FAST.  I call a function that opens a given lo,  then closes it (and
some other stuff in the middle).  When I do not open and close the objects,  I
am ok,  but with them commented in,  I have problems.  I would think that it
is not freeing all the memory from the open/close pair.  I have talked to
my LUG about this and they can not see any problems with the code that I have
not.  Take a look if you please:  http://x.cwru.edu/~bap/search_3.c

I get a few :

NOTICE:  LockReplace: xid table corrupted

errors and then a

NOTICE:  ShmemAlloc: out of memory

error.  Thoughts?

- Brandon

(The only reason I am mailing this to you is that it seems there is a mem leak
in the lo_open and lo_close functions)