Re: [HACKERS] Memory leak in large objects (was Re: Postgreqsl Large Objects) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Memory leak in large objects (was Re: Postgreqsl Large Objects)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter T Mount <peter@retep.org.uk> writes:
> Ok,  thanks,  I will talk to him about the docs.  Another problem that you
> may know about,  want to know about.  I have been using 6.5b for a while now
> with large objects.

Beta1 you mean?  There have been several LO bugs fixed since then, I
believe.  Please try it with a current snapshot.

> I get a few :
> NOTICE:  LockReplace: xid table corrupted
> errors and then a
> NOTICE:  ShmemAlloc: out of memory
> error.  Thoughts?

I think this is memory corruption (something tromping on the shared
memory allocation information), not a leak.