Re: [HACKERS] I thought this was picked up ages ago? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [HACKERS] I thought this was picked up ages ago?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Works in psql, which I think means libpq is OK:
> > >
> > >     test=> create table "TT" (x int);
> > >     CREATE
> > >     test=> drop table tt;
> > >     ERROR:  Relation 'tt' does not exist
> > >     test=> drop table "TT";
> > >     DROP
> >
> > I tried it on mine (cvs update from last night) using psql and it failed
> > :-(
> >

> Can you try this exact example and see if that works?

Hmm weird, as it worked. I retried the experiment, and it worked - even
though last night I ended up dropping the database.

What I was trying to do was attempt to get MapInfo to use postgresql for
storing tables using ODBC. For it to work it needs a table called
MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG. The problem is the table/column name case. It sends
the following query which fails:

SELECT "SPATIALTYPE", "TABLENAME", "OWNERNAME", "SPATIALCOLUMN",
"DB_X_LL2, "DB_Y_LL", "DB_X_UR", "DB_Y_UR", "COORDINATESYSTEM", "SYMBOL",
"XCOLUMNNAME", "YCOLUMNNAME" FROM "MAPINFO_MAPCATALOG" WHERE TABLENAME =
'wds';

Obviously it's missing the "" from the where clause...

Ah well, back to the drawing board ;-)

Peter

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf