Re: [HACKERS] XIDTAG ??? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Todd Graham Lewis
Subject Re: [HACKERS] XIDTAG ???
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 3 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Probably no reason for the transaction id.  I don't remember that being
> used at all.

Do you mean that there is no reason for the xid to exist, as it is not
used?  If so, then may I humbly request that it be left in for another
six months in the hopes of using a transaction processing monitor to
distribute postgres across multiple machines safely?  I'll need the xid
if and when I start that project, which will be after I finish the
TPM.  8^)

--
Todd Graham Lewis                        Postmaster, MindSpring Enterprises
tlewis@mindspring.net                                (800) 719-4664, x22804

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton