Thing that makes me go "Hmmm" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Tong
Subject Thing that makes me go "Hmmm"
Date
List pgsql-general
I've been using PostgreSQL for a while on a project, and I needed to drop
into psql just to try out some SQL to use in a program. Turns out
everytime I try to create a simple table, it fails, but not in the same
way...

CREATE TABLE mytemp
(
  id    integer unique not null,
  mystr varchar(50)
);

Variation #1 says "ERROR: cannot create mytemp"

Variation #2 says "pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly."

I even destroyed and recreated the database thinking I've messed that up.
I've also restarted the postmaster.

I've probably forgotten something obvious, at least I hope that's the
case, but since its had me stumped for 30 minutes I thought I'd ask for
help. I'm using version 6.4.2.

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century