Re: ERROR: index_rescan: invalid amrescan regproc ??? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: ERROR: index_rescan: invalid amrescan regproc ???
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Brian P Millett wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to run the ImageViewer.java example that is part of the
> src/interfaces/jdbc/ examples.  I have a database test which has two
> images loaded into it with the ImageVIewer app.
>
> I am running a cvs snapshot as of 4/22, java1.2, Solaris 7, cc: WorkShop
> Compilers 5.0 98/12/15 C 5.0.

[snip]

> At this point I get a SQLException: "Fastpath: index_rescan: invalid
> amrescan regproc"

This looks like something in the backend has died while a fastpath
function was being used. I'll see if I can recreate it here.

[snip]

> Then the java app is basically dead & I have to exit.
>
> Any ideas?

Peter

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf