Re: [HACKERS] Re: ERROR: index_rescan: invalid amrescan regproc ??? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: ERROR: index_rescan: invalid amrescan regproc ???
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter T Mount <peter@retep.org.uk> writes:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Brian P Millett wrote:
>> At this point I get a SQLException: "Fastpath: index_rescan: invalid
>> amrescan regproc"

> This looks like something in the backend has died while a fastpath
> function was being used. I'll see if I can recreate it here.

Just to save you repeating the look-around I just did: that's
coming out of backend/access/index/indexam.c, and it's apparently
complaining that a pg_am table row has a null amrescan field.
That shouldn't be true of any of the pg_am rows in a correct
installation.

Brian, what does 'select * from pg_am' show?  Did you do an initdb
while installing the 6.5 snapshot you're using?