Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC ResultSetMetaData.getColumnType and getColumnTypeName work properly? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC ResultSetMetaData.getColumnType and getColumnTypeName work properly?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Shankha S. Mitra wrote:

> Aah, that explains it.  I'm using JDK 1.2 beta4 (which I guess _is_ now
> JDK 2.0).  THe JDBC in JDK 2.0 does have ARRAY, etc.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> Shankha
>

> Peter T. Mount writes:
>  > Yes, there is no constant of Types.ARRAY in JDBC (see below). The
>  > implementation sets the type to OTHER if it doesn't recognise it.
>  >
>  > > Also getColumnTypeName() returns _int4; is that correct?
>  >
>  > no, it should return String - will check.

I think the int4 is what it's translating the postgresql type as. I've not
tried Arrays with JDBC yet, but I think we can fix this when we implement
ARRAY.

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk