Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC ResultSetMetaData.getColumnType and getColumnTypeName work properly? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Shankha S. Mitra
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC ResultSetMetaData.getColumnType and getColumnTypeName work properly?
Date
Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC ResultSetMetaData.getColumnType and getColumnTypeName work properly?  (Peter T Mount <peter@retep.org.uk>)
List pgsql-interfaces
Aah, that explains it.  I'm using JDK 1.2 beta4 (which I guess _is_ now
JDK 2.0).  THe JDBC in JDK 2.0 does have ARRAY, etc.

Thanks for the reply.
Shankha

Peter T. Mount writes:
 > Yes, there is no constant of Types.ARRAY in JDBC (see below). The
 > implementation sets the type to OTHER if it doesn't recognise it.
 >
 > > Also getColumnTypeName() returns _int4; is that correct?
 >
 > no, it should return String - will check.
 >
 > > Shankha Mitra
 > >

 > > As an aside, I decided to print out the values of all the JDBC types and
 > > I get:
 > > ARRAY=2003
 >
 > In JDBC2 2003 equates to the new value Types.REF (atleast in my copy of
 > the documentation), and there is no ARRAY type.
 >
 > What JDK are you using? Looking at these values, 2000 and higher are
 > introduced in 1.2 so they will not yet be supported.
 >
 > Currently JDK2 (formerly 1.20 is not supported. I'm about to start work on
 > this today - having to revert to Win95 to do it though :-( )

Shankha S. Mitra                                 shankha@antrim.com
Principal Software Engineer                   ph: (+1) 831.430.4814
Antrim Design Systems                        fax: (+1) 831.430.1904
Scotts Valley, CA