RE: [SQL] Column name's length - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Herbert Ambos
Subject RE: [SQL] Column name's length
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999, Pham, Thinh wrote:

> [postgres@ares pgsql]$ createdb
> Connection to database 'template1' failed.
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
> while processing the request.
>
> createdb: database creation failed on postgres.
>

> Anyone know why this happened?
> Thinh

this happened to me when i reinstalled my linux box into RHL6.0 and
installing Postgres6.4.2 but i initialized my system to this:
initdb -l <u'r postgres lib files location (/usr/lib/pgsql)> \              -r <data directory (/var/lib/pgsql)>

hope this helps.?

Herbert Ambos
Iligan City, Philippines