Re: [GENERAL] UnixWare chokes --- Resolution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Good
Subject Re: [GENERAL] UnixWare chokes --- Resolution
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Jun Zhang wrote:

> After commented the line with "ecpg" (there is only one such line)
> from the GNUmake file, the make all didn't go very far but ended with
> the following message:

I'm sorry but I'm confused...you did *not* succeed in compiling?
I eventually did succeed and am now looking at increasing semaphores
and shared memory so that the d*mn IpcMemory errors take a hike.

I am no fan of UnixWare.  It was a real dance to get UUCP over TCP
working - and sendmail was also a week of fun.  It is hard for me to
believe that this was once ATT src code.  Of course, ATT never would
have released it in this state...that was done by Novell with an
encore by SCO.

I plan to get a pint (or three) and start on my kernel rebuild later.
(Expletive deleted) I thought BSD was the unix for kernel rebuilds
(based on the philosophy that the user should be able to build something
specially tailored to his/her needs).  System V kernels are supposed
to handle *any* eventuality.  Hah...

In the event I'm reading you correctly and your compilation failed:

Once I rm'd ecpg from the Makefile list in ./interfaces I was able
to compile and then install.  Next I added /usr/local/pgsql/lib
to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I ran initdb.  Now I need to get the postmaster
fired up and that means more shared memory.

BTW, this is PG 6.3.2 on UW 2.1.2...

Good luck with your situation.  If I can do anything to help (send my
log notes, whatever) let me know.  I'd be willing to send binaries
if you like.

Cheers,
Tom

----