initdb problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject initdb problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Well, initdb doesn't give the same errors, but it's still failing. Now
it's just saying:

initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/dbase/data/base/template1

with no other indication that it's failing. Heres the last bit of the
debug:

Inserting null
Insert Begin
InsertOneTuple oid 1219, 14 attrs
End InsertOneTuple, objectid=1219
Insert End

> Transaction End
Amclose: relation (null).
> <inhrel oid>
<inhparent oid>
<inhseqno int4>

> initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/dbase/data/base/template1
[postgres@maidast pgsql]$

Now, looking at local1_template1.bki.source it's the pg_inherits
definition that's failing. I don't know how the bki source works so I'm
not much help here, but I can't see anything obviously wrong.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk