Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From t-ishii@sra.co.jp (Tatsuo Ishii)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 10:49 AM 98.8.2 +0100, Peter T Mount wrote:
>Well, initdb doesn't give the same errors, but it's still failing. Now
>it's just saying:
>
>initdb: could not create template database
>initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/dbase/data/base/template1
>
>with no other indication that it's failing. Heres the last bit of the
>debug:
>
>Inserting null
>Insert Begin
>InsertOneTuple oid 1219, 14 attrs
>End InsertOneTuple, objectid=1219
>Insert End
>
>> Transaction End
>Amclose: relation (null).
>> <inhrel oid>
><inhparent oid>
><inhseqno int4>
>
>> initdb: could not create template database
>initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/dbase/data/base/template1
>[postgres@maidast pgsql]$
>
>Now, looking at local1_template1.bki.source it's the pg_inherits
>definition that's failing. I don't know how the bki source works so I'm
>not much help here, but I can't see anything obviously wrong.

I have tried to reproduce your problem but failed using recent
sources (my anon CVS is working now!). I reinstalled everything,
removed $PGDATA and ran initdb (I did not turn on MULTIBYTE).
I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp