Re: [GENERAL] Postgres vs commercial products - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amos Hayes
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Postgres vs commercial products
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Postgres vs commercial products  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Steve Logue wrote:

> > postgres willing to create a logo a la apache, powered by postgresql?
> > it'll be up on my site in no time at all.
>
> Since I last made a batch of logo's to prompt comments, I've been meaning to
> make a "serious" attempt again but keep getting side tracked.  View
> http://www.nettek-llc.com/postgresql/.  Hopefully soon, I will spend a
> weekend on making something mo'better.  Comments are welcome.

I almost hate to ask, and really, it's not a big deal to me personally,
but why is it called "PostgreSQL"?

--
Amos Hayes                      Systems Architect
ahayes@ingenia.com            Ingenia Group - Software Kinetics Ltd.

"Remember: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
   - ELEANOR ROOSEVELT