Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Graphical database maintenence design tool
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Peter Cordone wrote:

> I am new to Postgres and somewhat new to Linux and Unix.  I am trying to
> find a graphical tool that I can use to do my database table design, in
> XWindows or one that I can run in Microsoft Windows NT over my network.

pgaccess is what you may want to look into.  It is a Tcl/Tk application,
and is reminiscent of Access, but is a front end to Postgres (you would
use pgaccess instead of psql).  Another option is to install the PostODBC
drivers and use Access itself (or something similar) to use under Windows
and connect to the server.  A quick and dirty method is to create your
tables with psql, input the data into an Access database, and then import
the data into postgres.

Brett W. McCoy
                                        http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy/
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972