Broken pipe :-) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Andreea Gheorghe
Subject Broken pipe :-)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Sorry for the previous message, I forgotten to write the subject antet
of e-mail :-)

     Hello all,

     I have installed postgresql-6.2.1-7 on Red Hat 5.0(Hurricane).
     I need to insert a large object into a data base.
     I found in "Postgres User Manual", in section "Large Object", the sample
 example "testlo.c" - test using large object with libpq.
 I compiled this example, and there are some strange things:
     - if I try to insert in the data base a file with size smaller
 the 1K, the thinhs are Ok.
     - but, if I try to insert a larger file, I get the message:
 "broken pipe". Then, if I execute again, this program, I get the message:
 "can't create large object", this mean that "lo_creat" function failed.

     To insert the file in the date base is used: "lo_import" function
 from libpq.
     Did anyone have this problem? Can anybody help me?
     Thanks a lot!