to_char's ISO week - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Karel Zak
Subject to_char's ISO week
Date
List pgsql-patches
 * to_char:

  - full support for IW (ISO week) and vice versa conversion for IW too
    (the to_char 'week' support is now complete and I hope correct).

  Thomas, I use for IW code from timestamp.c, for this I create separate
  function date2isoweek() from original 'case DTK_WEEK:' code in the
  timestamp_part(). I mean will better use one code for same feature in
  date_part() and in to_char(). The isoweek2date() is added to timestamp.c
  too. Right?

  IMHO in 7.1 will all to_char's features complete. It is cca 41 templates
  for date/time and cca 21 for numbers.

 * to_ascii:

   - gcc, is it correct now? :-)

  In the patch is documentation for to_char's IW and for to_ascii().

                            Karel

Attachment