Re: Find all the dates in the calendar week? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Find all the dates in the calendar week?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > ISO-week: week that has more than 4 day and start in Sunday.
> > In future I try implement 'IW' that is ISO-week, but now I work on different
> > things.
> > In current 7.0 is probably better for week operations use
> > date_part('week', TIMESTAMP) than to_char().
>
> Note that the above returns ISO-week, not some Sun-Sat thing ('dow' ==
> "day of week" does that). I haven't yet implemented ISO-year (Karel?)
> which would seem to be an essential piece to use ISO-week effectively.

 yes, my current to_char() is almost compatible with oracle, but I need
last two features --- IYYY (ISO-year) and IW (ISO-week). But I not explore
it exactly yet. I mean that current (PG's) week-of-year is like ISO or not?

But freely, I not pursue after date/time operations and calculations, it is
"alchemy" (I admire you Thomas)... I must between work on to_char() insert
work on some other things :-)

                         Karel