Scrappy as Peacemaker...Thanks! (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Good
Subject Scrappy as Peacemaker...Thanks! (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-general
I had sent this on to Marc as I did not want to fan the flames anymore
but on second thought - ah what the heck.  Here goes.  I'll take my
lumps!  The cause seems just...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:41:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Thomas Good <tomg@admin.nrnet.org>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Subject: Scrappy as Peacemaker...Thanks!

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > I would like to plug this in early next week, unless someone can see
> > something major that makes them feel uncomfortable ...
>
> What are you trying to do Marc, foreclose a full discussion?  I think
> this is *way* premature.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Marc,

Thanks for trying to remain practical and sensible here.  It seems
to this weary observer (who added his $.02 US twice too often) that
your compromise simply reflects the only feasible course of action.
One, I expect, Pg will adopt eventually anyway...

Personally, I'd like to get back to the *real* debate:
proving that the FreeBSD mascot is actually an agent of Satan.

Good luck with your peacemaking efforts!
Tom Good

               SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA                 Phone: 718-354-5528
                                     Fax:   718-354-5056