Re: [ADMIN] Creating Textfiles out of tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Mackintosh
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Creating Textfiles out of tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Martin

One why (there may be a better way), would be to do a 'select...into table
...from ....', now that you have the result set you want in a temp table,
use the copy command ( in psql do '\h copy' for help.)
Also, for select help do (in side psql) '\h select'.

Hope that helps
Terry

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Martin [iso-8859-1] M�derndorfer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have some tables and want to extract results of a query on them into a
> text-file. it should be possible to insert ":","{" between the different
> tuples.
>
> Any ideas
>
> MArtin
> mmoedern@linux.stuco.uni-klu.ac.at

Have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>               http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner                  I'm excited about life! How about YOU!?
Professional Web Hosting and site design to include programming
Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3.x, PHP 3.x, PostgreSQL 6.x
Only if you know where you're going can you get there.