Re: [GENERAL] Libpq++ autenthication problem II - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Tong
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Libpq++ autenthication problem II
Date
List pgsql-general

http://vishnu.ev.net/~zztong/postgres/libpq

> I'll appreciate your sources, expecially the .h files, since there will
> be surely some good idea I forgot of putting in my sources.

My efforts were mostly to design something which would not be as prone to
memory leaks as I thought the LIBPQ libraries might be for a developer who
doesn't spend a lot of time working with the library.

> - The concepts we see in libpq++ are not bad. So I won't rewrite the
> bulk of it.

The organization of the classes confused me. I remember thinking it
strange certain classes inherited from others. Its been a few weeks since
I looked at LIBPQ++. I was content to build around LIBPQ since it was
mostly documented. I'm weak on database theory, so the LIBPQ++ design
might make sense, and my C++ classes might be rather shallow. As I
mentioned before, my attempts were mostly to bullet-proof LIBPQ.

Bruce Tong
Systems Programmer
Electronic Vision / FITNE

mailto: zztong@laxmi.ev.net