Re: [GENERAL] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Good
Subject Re: [GENERAL] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, David Gould wrote:

> Steve Logue writes:
> >
> > After reading the recent mailing list thread about PostgreSQL not
> > growing in popularity as fast as MySQL and the lack of a legible logo, I
> > got bored and took a stab at some.  I'd like to make a new logo for
> > people to pass around and also get an HTML/Logo usage page in the
> > distribution.  Feedback would be appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -STEVEl
> >
> > http://www.nettek-llc.com/postgresql/
>
> These are not bad, although the difference in size between the "Postgre" and
> the "SQL" make it a little hard to read as one word. The different background
> for the two parts of the word adds to this. Still, they are attractive.
>
> Hmmm, I have an idea, what about a Penguin?

What about *the* Penguin?  He's available at www.dccomics.com...
Sorry, couldn't resist.  I like the logos and will borrow them
shortly for the UGD PostgreSQL page...thanks Steve.

Cheers,
Tom

        User Guide Dog Database Project
  Project Coordinator:  Peter J. Puckall <ppuckall@cableregina.com>