Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Steve Logue wrote:

> >         Someone came up with an alligator as our totem...but nobody seemed
> > able to come up with a *strong* image to use :(  I kinda like an elephant
> > or turtle...a little slower, but highly dependable...
> >
> >         We need something to identify with that isn't already used (ie. I
> > won't suggest a little devil *grin*)...
> >

> The alligators look good and certainly were more effort.  If we must do
> an animal, I think the original logo had it right - something FAST - a
> chetah, a gazell, can't go wrong with an eagle in this country :)

    But...we aren't fast...we're getting better, mind you :)

    And...ummmm...an eagle is kinda like the Penguin...I don't want to
"identify" with the US ... now, a beaver might be nice? :)

> OK we have a concensus somewhat - everyone has been pretty much saying
> the say things.  The logo's are "flat" and the portions Postgre and SQL
> are too disjoint, and most people like the blue/white combo.  I will
> make up some more interesting ones this weekend using these notions.

    Just be patient with us...we are a hard crowd to please :)