Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Steve Logue writes:

> After reading the recent mailing list thread about PostgreSQL not
> growing in popularity as fast as MySQL and the lack of a legible logo, I
> got bored and took a stab at some.  I'd like to make a new logo for
> people to pass around and also get an HTML/Logo usage page in the
> distribution.  Feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> -STEVEl
>
> http://www.nettek-llc.com/postgresql/

These are not bad, although the difference in size between the "Postgre" and
the "SQL" make it a little hard to read as one word. The different background
for the two parts of the word adds to this. Still, they are attractive.

Hmmm, I have an idea, what about a Penguin?

-dg

David Gould           dg@illustra.com            510.628.3783 or 510.305.9468
Informix Software                      300 Lakeside Drive   Oakland, CA 94612
 - A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.