Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken McGlothlen
Subject Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS
Date
Re: [HACKERS] NEW POSTGRESQL LOGOS  ("Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>)
List pgsql-general
dg@illustra.com (David Gould) writes:

| > http://www.nettek-llc.com/postgresql/
|
| These are not bad, although the difference in size between the "Postgre" and
| the "SQL" make it a little hard to read as one word. The different background
| for the two parts of the word adds to this. Still, they are attractive.

I would tend to agree; unfortunately, the name is a bit too long and awkward to
be used as a visual logo.

| Hmmm, I have an idea, what about a Penguin?

Already taken by Apple's Quicktime product.  However, a cross between the BSD
daemon 'toon and a penguin would be fairly funny; a red and white penguin with
horns and a long, barbed tail?  :)

                            ---Ken