Re: [GENERAL] About Deleting Large Objects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: [GENERAL] About Deleting Large Objects
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 19 May 1998, Philip Bierhoff wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new to the list, but couldn't find any information on the following
> question, neither in the manuals nor in the FAQ. Could someone help me out
> here?
>
> How do I effectively delete Large Objects from the database? DELETE just
> removes the oid from the table. I want the object itself to be deleted as
> well. Even a call to vacuum did not help. I'm using Postgres 6.3 on
> Linux 2.0.18.

This was discussed a little while ago (actually about 3 months ago), and I
did start to look into it, as JDBC, & probably ODBC are affected by this
more than libpq based apps, first using triggers, then using a custom
storage type.

I am looking into this (and hopefully I'll have more time to do so soon),
so it may be there for 6.4

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk