Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] full JDBC driver ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter T Mount
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] full JDBC driver ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Peter T Mount wrote:

> > >       Like?
>
> Isn't the "right" way to do this to implement the standard
> INFORMATION_SCHEMA, then all frontends have a decent model to work to?
>
> Phil

Possibly. Where possible, we have either default or assumed values where
there is no (visible) way of getting these values.

I did miss one bit out of the last post: There is a problem with
getColumnPrivileges(), in that it will never work while pg_user is not
readable by public.

I know that someone (vadim?) was trying to work out where to store the
passwords (other than in pg_user).

Anyhow, now I've finished the courses my employer keeps sending me on, I
can now spend more time on this ;-)

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder