contents of pg_database vanished.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kari Lavikka
Subject contents of pg_database vanished..
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm having some problems with pg_database -system table. It lost all of
it's contents while database was running. It's actually still running but
I don't know what to do because I'm not sure if it will start up at all
after shutdown.

I noticed the problem while trying to use pg_dump:
   tuner@xyzzy:~$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -Ugalleria galleria
   pg_dump: missing pg_database entry for database "galleria"

I could probably insert the missing row to pg_database but there are some
columns I'm not sure about. What are datlastsysoid, datvacuumxid and
datfrozenxid?

Btw, pg version is 7.4.1

Thanks..

    |\__/|