Re: Interfaces that support cursors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Bartlett
Subject Re: Interfaces that support cursors
Date
List pgsql-general
> Absolutely- I was gonna dig into my mod_perl manual since I'm not sure if/how I
> can make the HTML interfaces persist in Apache- I know the backend can (Apache
> <-> Pg) but instead of increasing the complexity of things this time(all the
> script does is write pages of images), I'll see how the selects with
> offset/limit modifiers perform.  I'm going to check our that Persistent Perl
> product for future reference too.  Thanks.

PersistentPerl Kicks Butt!  You can use the standard CGI stuff, and still
get the speed benefits of hacks like mod_perl.  Most of my bigger web
applications take about 5seconds for perl to parse, which would make them
useless without PersistentPerl.

One site I built using PersistentPerl is http://store.wolfram.com/ - I
don't know if they still use it, but I don't see why they would have
changed.  It was a beauty.

Jon