Re: Interfaces that support cursors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Network Administrator
Subject Re: Interfaces that support cursors
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb@eskimo.com>:

> > Absolutely- I was gonna dig into my mod_perl manual since I'm not sure
> if/how I
> > can make the HTML interfaces persist in Apache- I know the backend can
> (Apache
> > <-> Pg) but instead of increasing the complexity of things this time(all
> the
> > script does is write pages of images), I'll see how the selects with
> > offset/limit modifiers perform.  I'm going to check our that Persistent
> Perl
> > product for future reference too.  Thanks.
> >

> PersistentPerl Kicks Butt!  You can use the standard CGI stuff, and still
> get the speed benefits of hacks like mod_perl.  Most of my bigger web
> applications take about 5seconds for perl to parse, which would make them
> useless without PersistentPerl.
>
> One site I built using PersistentPerl is http://store.wolfram.com/ - I
> don't know if they still use it, but I don't see why they would have
> changed.  It was a beauty.
>
> Jon

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Cool... I can use this on the apps I wrote before I got into mod_perl.  I might
just try to upgrade a couple of projects on Sunday.  Let folks Monday morning
think there was a server upgrade :)  Thanks again.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: