Re: sp-gist porting to postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: sp-gist porting to postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Ramy M. Hassan wrote:

> Oleg,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.
> Actually, I am able to create a new access method for testing and add an
> operator class for the type "integer" using the new access method. Then
> created a table with two integer fields, one indexed using the new access
> method and the other using a btree index, and everything is ok so far. Even
> using EXPLAIN statement for queries show that the indexes are used correctly
> as they should.
> I am using postgresql version 8.0.0beta3 from CVS.

I was wrong, Ramy. You could have several indices for the same type as soon
as they support different operations. I don't know if it's possible
to have them for the same operation but for different conditions.

> Thanks
> Ramy

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83