Re: GiST on 64-bit box - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: GiST on 64-bit box
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have a discussion with Teodor over the phone and we agree
this is the best for 7.2.*. Thanks Tom for the help.
btw, I think it should be noticed somewhere in documentation for developers
that pointers to "int" and "long" which are the same on 32-bit machine,
are different on the 64-bit machine.
Oleg

PS. For more than year of our GiST development we got the first report
from 64-bit machine and I think it's a good sign. This year we must
add concurrency support. We already had discussion with
Joseph Hellerstein ( the 'father' of the GiST ) about concurrency support
and perhaps we'll go along the paper by Marcel Kornacker.