Re: contrib/tsearch in postgresql 7.2 (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: contrib/tsearch in postgresql 7.2 (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
We found the problem and will submit a patch for 7.2.1.
We were confused by 'index toasting' and thought index is realy toasted
but actually it's only compressed. So, we have to rollback our
changes for intarray and tsearch :-(  We were happy to make gist index
non-lossy, but it's not the case for long data. Probably it'd be
possible to define in compile time if index will be lossy.

Tom, does index compressing is a temporal solution ? Do you intend
to implement real toasting ?
Oleg