contrib/tsearch in postgresql 7.2 (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject contrib/tsearch in postgresql 7.2 (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

we've got a message from Poul about problem with our contrib modules
tsearch and I dont' know yet if this could be really tsearch problem,
it's time to go to the bed :-) Could be this problem related to the
partial index he used ?
Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:37:49 +0100
From: Poul L. Christiansen <poulc@cs.auc.dk>
To: teodor@stack.net, oleg@sai.msu.su
Subject: contrib/tsearch in postgresql 7.2

Hi

I'm testing your tsearch module for postgresql 7.2 (just downloaded the
final release a few hours ago) and I get this error:

ERROR:  MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size 0

when I create an index on an txtidx column.

SQL:
create index article_articletextftinon12k88 on article using
gist(indexarticletext) where paperid=1000 and
char_length(rawarticletext) <12880;

And I have located the reason for this error: If the field I populated
the txtidx column from is greater than 12850 it get the error. When the
size is less than 12850, it works fine.

I'm using PostgreSQL on Mandrake 8.1, with Linux kernel 2.4.17

The error also appears on PostgreSQL 7.2beta4 on Linux 2.2

Is there really a 12850 byte size limitation ? If there is, it should be
documented ;)

Poul L. Christiansen