Re: Database cluster? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Korsgaard
Subject Re: Database cluster?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Steve Wolfe wrote:

>   The tough part is syncronicity, should one of the machines drop out of the
> cluster and need to be re-added without bringing the others down.  In order
> to get around that, each query needs to be logged on the master node with a
> timestamp, so that the failed node can "catch up" in real-time.  That brings
> about other considerations, as well....

Exactly! Thats also why I have decided not to implement that feature as
the deadline is in 3 weeks ;) If a database server fails it is simple
discarded from the cluster and can only be reconnected by taking the
system offline and doing the syncronisation manually.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard