Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Kislo
Subject Re: Unanswered questions about Postgre
Date
List pgsql-general
Joel Burton wrote:

> On 30 Nov 2000, at 11:58, Joe Kislo wrote:
> > If you don't believe me, here's two fully SQL-92
> > compliant databases, Oracle and interbase, which do not exhibit this
> > behavior:
>
> Ummm... havings lots of experience w/it, I can say many things
> about Oracle, but "fully SQL-92 compliant" sure isn't one of them. :-)

    Nice!  I was just reading some article benchmarking Postgre against
interbase..  They said interbase was fully SQL-92 compliant, so I just,
well gosh, assumed it's expensive brotheren were compliant too :)

    Does anybody know of an article benchmarking interbase against postgre
7?  The article I was reading was comparing it to postgre 6.5.  I assume
(hope) there have been some serious speed improvements since then?

-Joe