Re: pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Travis Bauer
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
It should take two lines:

local     all                                 trust
host      all  0.0.0.0    0.0.0.0             trust

This will allow anyone anywhere on the network (including the internet,
when you are connected to it) to connect to and add/tamper with data in
your database.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, ShaneMRyan wrote:

> I am trying to use this tool called Zeos Database explorer.  Everytime I try to connect to my postgresql RedHat 6.2
box,it tells me that there is no entry in my pg_hba.conf file so that the program has permissions to talk with the
database. There are some samples in that file, but they aren't working for me.  Would someone that has this working
emailme a sample entry that would allow everyone from any IP address to connect to the database?  Thanks!